Tuesday 10 September 2013

Ski Trip

Last Friday room 7 went to the snow.
After getting to school before 6 am and traveling for over 2 hours. We were finnally at Mt Ruapehu. We all got our skis or snow boards and went to happy valley. Pixie and I were hopeless at skiing we were going 1 cm an hour including the times when we fell over. Luckily we had a lesson and now we can stop, turn and ski like pros.
The best part from the day was when I fell over and started to pull Kayla down the mountain because neither of us knew how to stop sliding. The most challanging thing was learning to turn because I kept leaning the wrong way.
I would really like to back to the snow because it really fun once you know how to ski.

(Always where sun block when when going to the snow.)

2 comments:

  1. Great post Lilly. I loved seeing you progress from going 1 cm an hour to going down the mountain. I am glad you enjoyed it and want to do it again. It does take lots of perseverance but it does pay off as you found out. Yes, I think a few more will put on more sunscreen next time. What point did you start enjoying it? Mr Marquand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started to enjoy it when I got off the magic carpet for the first time and begin to ski perfectly.
      -Lilly

      Delete