Monday 9 September 2013

kids these days

As I boil the kettle, I hear a knock at the door. “Oh hello Mary, I wasn’t expecting you for another hour or two,” I say happily. I take her through to the sun room and nicely sit her down while I finish making the tea, but as I go to walk through to the kitchen I see out window a young boy with his top down to his knees and his pants were almost on the ground. So instead of making tea I go out and cheek the mail. “Nice dress you got there young fellow,” I say cheekily “Yours isn’t any better, just a quick fashion tip floral so last century.” “How rude you should know better.” As he zooms off on his wooden plank with wheels I lean out to smack him with the newspaper when he steps aside “You’re the only one on this street that still gets the newspaper,” “In my day we went to work, just so we could get the newspaper,” “rude rude rude,” I say over and over till I get inside “last week when I was trying to listen to my husband playing the piano those silly young boys were playing that boom boom boom music they say its IN RIGHT NOW but I’m shore my husband didn’t die from cancer I’m shore that boom boom boom music killed him,” says Mary as I come back in. “Whenever I go shopping all I see is pictures of dead people on clothing,” I reply “I think the lady in the shop called them skulls or pulls or something I wasn’t wearing my hearing aids,” I remember “Well if those young kids don’t stop playing on their computers and watching TV I’m going to call the police,”

No comments:

Post a Comment